The holiday season is upon us! With the year coming to a close in a few weeks, I was not going to join anymore challenges but I just couldn’t resist!
Since the challenge is only going on for a few weeks, I am only planning on reading one book (maybe two if I am lucky) so I will be going for the ‘Candy Cane’ level (1 book).
I might make Mistletoe level (2 books) since crossovers are ok, but I am sure I can do at least one.
If anyone else is interested in signing up here is the challenge info, visit the True Book Addicts Christmas Spirit blog for more details, it also looks like there is a give-a-way as part of the challenge if that sort of thing also interests you :).
The Christmas Spirit 2011 Reading Challenge details:
Welcome to the third year of hosting my Christmas reading challenge! This is the second year that I’m hosting the challenge here at The Christmas Spirit. I’ve added some fun levels to The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge this year, including additional levels for watching Christmas movies and for reading childrens books for those of you who like to read with your kids. I hope you like the new additions!
Now, on to the details and sign up:
- challenge will run from Monday, November 21, 2011 through Friday, January 6, 2011 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time…a childrens Christmas books level!
- visit this POST for a list of new Christmas books for 2011. Two books I highly recommend for this season that I have read and reviewed…The Christmas Village by Melissa Ann Goodwin andThe Reindeer Keeper by Barbara Briggs Ward (click the titles to read my reviews).
–Candy Cane: read 1 book
–Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
–Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level…LOL!)
–Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies…it’s up to you!
–Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
- the most important rule? Have fun!!!
- I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts. You will find it at the top of the right sidebar.
Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list…you can change up your list during the challenge…I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read)
All challenge participants in the U.S. will be entered to win a mystery box of Christmas titles handpicked by me (these will be gently used books). I will pick an additional winner from any International participants and I will purchase a book or eBook of your choice under $5.00 (U.S.) from Book Depository orBetter World Books and have it shipped to you. I will verify that these retailers do indeed ship free to your country. If they do not, you will have to choose an eBook or I will choose another winner. All challenge participants will be asked to complete a wrap-up post, share it in the wrap-up linky, and include your country of residence with your name to be eligible for the giveaway. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below.