Want to get to know more about me? Here are a few Q & A’s for your enjoyment!
What literary heroine do you identify with most?
- Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind, hands down! My second choice would be Cathy Earnshaw from Wuthering Heights.
Who is your biggest fictional crush?
- Jon Snow—-dah. Eric Northman from Charlaine Harris’s Southern Vampire Mystery Series or Jamie Fraser from the Outlander Series
If you could time travel to any place in any era what would it be?
- Victorian London
If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would it be and what would you do?
What’s the most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
- Anna Karenina because it was so long and had a lot of foreign concepts and old fashion, tedious language, but I ended up loving it.
What book were you nervous to start and why?
- The A Song of Ice and Fire series. They were so long and had a complicated story line, not to mention they were high fantasy. But again, loved them, probably the best series I’ve read.
- I am also putting off reading the Lord of the Rings series for many of the same reasons but I am also worried that I won’t like it as well as ASOIAF.
If you were writing your memoirs, what would you call them?
- Tears, Scars, and Lies
Who is your favorite protagonist of all time?
- This one is hard….if I had to answer, Harry Potter
Who is your favorite villain or love-to-hate character?
- This one is hard too….but again if I had to answer, Voldemort
Who is the most annoying character in any book you’ve ever read?
What is your favorite classic (British or American)
What is your least favorite classic or classic that you could just NOT get into no matter how hard you tried?
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift ……I dislike beyond words!
- All’s Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque….I just couldn’t get into no matter how hard I tried!
What’s the first book you remember really loving?
What is the longest book you have ever read?
- Probably one of the A Song of Ice and Fire books.
Favorite poems or poet:
- AE Housman “Because I Liked You Better”
- Emily Bronte “The Old Stoic”
- John Brehm “The Poems I Have Not Written”
- Emily Dickinson “Heart we will forget him”
E-reader or hard copies?
- Both! Love my iPad but then again nothing beats the feel of paper in your hand.
Best film adaption of a novel?
- If we are looking at straight film adaptions, then I would say Gone with the Wind. If we are including TV adaptions, I would say Game of Thrones does a pretty awesome job as well.
Pick a super natural talent you would like to have.
- Time travel or mind reading.
Favorite general quote:
Beyond myself somewhere I wait for my arrival (Octavio Paz)
Favorite literary quote from a book:
- This is another hard one but I’m going to go with a quote from A Tale of Two Cities:
I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul
The Lit Bitch is created and maintained by me and me alone
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org