2011 Victorian Literature Challenge (Starts Jan 1, 2011)
Selected Level: Desperate Remedies: 15+ books.
Here is the list of books I’ll be reading over the next year as part of the 2011 Victorian Literature Challenge. I will try to blog and post about each one. Many of these I have read and many I have not but have wanted to and thought this would be the perfect excuse. All of these books were written during the specified Victorian timeline (1837-1901).
These books are in no special order and I will not be reading in this order but I will post what I am reading.
Challenge starts Jan 1 2011! Here’s the list!
- Wuthering Heights/ Emily Bronte
- Great Expectations/ Charles Dickens
- The Moonstone/ Wilkie Collins
- The Woman in White/ Wilkie Collins
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes/ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Picture of Dorian Gray/ Oscar Wilde
- Middlemarch/ George Elliot
- The Mill on the Floss/ George Eliot
- Silas Marner/ George Elliot
- Agnes Grey/ Anne Bronte
- Les Miserables/ Victor Hugo
- The Importance of Being Earnest/ Oscar Wilde
- Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass/ Lewis Carroll (since they are both short)
- A Christmas Carol/ Charles Dickens
- Vanity Fair/ William Thackeray
- The Purloined Letter and other short stories/ Edgar Allan Poe
- Tale of Two Cities/ Charles Dickens
- The Turn of the Shrew or The Portrait of a Lady/ both by Henry James
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes/ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- His Last Bow (Sherlock Holmes)/ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle